"Together, anything's possible" the PGA TOUR's and Champions Tour's charitable platform that focuses on the efforts of our players, tournaments, volunteers, sponsors, fans and charities. The Champions Tour's charitable mission is an integral component of its value proposition and charitable donations have a significant impact in the communities served by Champions Tour events.
Birdies For Charity
Charity begins on the golf course at the Regions Tradition. You have the opportunity to make a charity or a school a big winner by participating in the Birdies for Charity Program. Participating charities receive every single penny of the donations generated! You also have a chance to win great prizes!
For questions about Birdies for Charity, contact Allie Dunlap or Carly Woods.
Allie Dunlap | firstname.lastname@example.org | (205) 262-2815
Carly Woods | email@example.com | (205) 967-4745 Ext. 159
The 2016 Birdies for Charity Program kicks off August 10th, 2015
Program Dates are August 2015 - June 2016
Birdies for Charity is a fundraising program designed to give participating charities the opportunity to generate contributions for their organization based on the number of “birdies” made by Champions Tour players during the Regions Tradition. Make sure you have all the materials you need to get started this year!
- All participating charities or 501(c)3 organizations (including schools) must submit the following:
- 2016 Commitment Form
- W-9 Form
- IRS Tax Identification Letter
- Participating charities solicit pledges of $0.05 or more per birdie or a flat donation of $20 or more from individuals or corporations.
- Fundraising program that has no risk for charitable organizations.
BENEFITS AND FACTS
- Increases charitable contributions to Alabama charities.
- Unlimited number of charities will be able to raise additional funds using the Regions Tradition as their tool.
- There are NO out-of-pocket expenses or fees to participating charities.
- All administrative costs will be handled by the Regions Tradition.
- Each participating charity will receive 100% of their collected donations.
GUESS THE BIRDIES CONTEST
- Fans have the chance to make a guess of the total number of birdies made by Champions Tour players during the 2016 Regions Tradition. There will be one Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize TBA.
- There will be random drawings each week for prizes.
2015 Bonus Bucks:
1st place - $11,000
2nd place - $8,000
3rd place - $6,000
4th place - $3,000
5th place - $2,500
6th place - $2,500
7th place - $2,000
8th place - $2,000
9th place - $1,500
10th place - $1,500
Children's of Alabama
Children’s of Alabama has provided specialized medical care for ill and injured children across the state and throughout the southeastern U.S. since 1911. It is the only hospital in Alabama dedicated solely to the care and treatment of children. Ten of its divisions – pulmonology, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics, urology, neonatology, cancer, cardiology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and nephrology—were recently ranked among the best children’s hospital programs in the nation by US News & World Report.
Children’s is one of the 10 busiest pediatric hospitals in the nation and is home to Alabama’s only pediatric trauma center and the only pediatric burn center in the Southeast. Some of its nationally-renowned premier programs include The Alabama Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders, the Lowder Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program, a comprehensive neonatal surgical center and the fast-growing pediatric rheumatology program. Outpatient care is provided through primary care offices and outpatient centers throughout Alabama. Last year, patients made more than 634,000 outpatient and nearly 14,000 inpatient visits to Children’s.
Children’s is recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center as a Magnet-designated hospital for excellence in nursing care. It is a private, not-for-profit hospital that serves as the primary site of the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) pediatric medicine, surgery, research and residency programs. A 750,000-square-feet expansion is currently under construction.